Charities & Trustees
Investments can be a vital part of your charity's planning and growth strategy and the income generated can be the very lifeblood of the charity's long term success. Our goal is to assist you and your fellow trustees to secure a successful future through our individual approach to investment management.
The Charity Commission has clear guidelines when it comes to the investing of charity monies, stating:
"Trustees have overall responsibility for the investment of a charity's funds. This means that they have a crucial role to play in making strategic decisions about how to use a charity's assets to achieve its aims. However, trustees may choose to delegate day to day decisions about investments to a third party."
Or, in detail:
- consider how suitable any investment is for their charity; trustees must be satisfied that:
- an investment type or class is appropriate for the charity (for example, shares)
- the investment within that type or class is appropriate for the charity
- consider the need to diversify investments (for example, owning shares in a number of different companies)
- take advice from someone experienced in investment matters where they consider they need it
- review investments (and their investment manager) from time to time, changing them if necessary
Gemini provide investment management services specific to a charity's individual requirements, combining our proven expertise with a focus on high level client service. We understand that each charity has very distinct requirements in terms of its goals, ethos and investment considerations and we will work alongside you to achieve the results you demand.
The value of investments may go down as well as up and you may not get back as much as you invested